When you hear this name “Elise”, you can not help recalling the magical melody by Ludwig van Beethoven – Für Elise. Soft, astringent music envelops your mind and carries it away as it was a lost petal of cherry blossom. Vast vineyards, rose gardens, old cozy mansards pass your sight while you spin, and dance, and spin again, having no desire to stop even for a second.
A bagatelle is written in A minor, or La minor, like I prefer to say. And indeed, his Elise is a pure La, cherry blossom pink La, tender La. Most certainly she has light sun kissed hair, soft facial features and live, sparkling eyes. E-li-se. She dances in her white cute shoes, makes her pink lace dress fly like the wings of a butterfly and laughs with her musical voice.
This is how I see Elise who lives in subtle, warm melodies of Beethoven. Gentle, careless, full of life. Elise… This kind of girl I imagine in those rare moments when my hearing manages to catch such a unique name – Elise from somebody’s talks.
Whether the name “Elise” is rare for Ireland, I have no idea. But checking my mail box for new e-mails and finding a letter from some Elise Brennan, who wanted to book a date for her photo shoot, I have noticed that I paid a little more attention to the potential client than I should. I got curious, what is she like, this Elise? Has she got something in common with the girl whose image Beethoven once managed to create so accurately?
We continued our correspondence via e-mail. While we were discussing mood boards, deciding on locations and choosing the right clothing, I could not stop wondering, who is she – Elise?
Time flew and in couple of weeks I found myself heading to the location we have chosen. A ponderous bag stuffed with all kinds of photo shoot equipment on my shoulders, a useless GPS in my pocket, a divine soft Beethoven’s in my head – I am on my way. I arrived half an hour earlier.
20 minutes more and she got there as well. What was she like?
Beautiful, that is of no doubt. Astonishingly charming. And… not a tiny bit like Elise I have imagined from the melody. Cheerful, energetic, temperamental – that is how I would describe modern Elise who was standing in front of me. Was I disappointed? No, not at all. I have met smart, educated, beautiful in every way Elise.
Although we have not managed to bring all our ideas to life this day – I guess we have chosen too much of them – the photo shoot turned out to be one of the most enjoyable I had in Ireland so far. We have been creating dozens of photos, talking, enjoying the company of Elise’s friend and surprisingly talented make up artist – Gill. And by the time we had to pack our things to get back home, I realized that I fell in love with personality of this Elise.
But well, who am I to tell you about all traits of her character? For this we have Marcel who will help you to find out everything you wanted to know about Elise Brennan – actress, performer and dancer. Traditionally, Elise Brennan and her answers to 39 questions from Marcel Proust and his questionnaire.
Elise was asked to answer all the questions sincerely and not to miss any of them.
Please enjoy reading.
- What is your current state of mind?
– Very tired. Mind is racing with so much that needs to be done that I feel it’s consuming the majority of my energy right now. Restless but relieved knowing that it soon can rest.
- What is the principal aspect of your personality?
– Positivity. Anyone who knows me well would say to me that in any situation I will always manage to fit in a smile somewhere…It may not be me feeling entirely positive in myself in that moment but it’s giving people I care for the positive vibes that they need in that moment is what’s important to me. To see good in something and everything.
- What is your favorite occupation?
– I don’t believe in having a favourite occupation. You can only love what you do for a living to be consistently happy and so if you are working daily at something you love then that has to be your favourite occupation. Right now I’m doing what I love working as a mentor and choreographer for performers and running an entertainment agency. And that to me is my favourite occupation…well so far!!
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– Greatest achievement for me comes in at a close tie for me!
It was between reactivating the UCD Dance Society in my final year on campus to over 25,000 students after it had been non existent for more than 14 years and….supporting the Saturdays live at the Bord Gais Theatre!!
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Ooh…that’s a hard one. If I really had to pick (please Mam I still love you all the same !!hehe) it would have to be my Dad…he grew up the hard way having lost both his parents before the age of 14 and spent the majority of his life raring his siblings. He does everything for his family. I look at him and see such strength. Without fail if you ask him how he is or how his day went he will always respond with a ‘ah yeah everything’s great…as long as we got our health that’s all that matters”… I like to think I get my strength, patience and love for life from him. A true fighter and an infectious inspiration to myself and many more.
- What do you hate most of all?
– Someone pretending to be someone they’re not. It frustrates me to see people waste so much energy into constructing only a cover…a show of themselves…and not willing to show their true selves. With my job comes developing the skill of judging someone from first impressions and it saddens me to see so many people not comfortable in showing their true colours. Everyone has the right to just be themselves and to be proud of it. Do not confine yourself to someone you’re not. I’m a ‘what you see is what you get’ kinda gal and believe firmly in the saying ‘if you can’t love yourself…how can you love anyone?
- On what occasion do you lie?
– Oh this is sort of like a ‘only kiss and don’t tell’ sort of question!!I would lie to someone only if I didn’t want to be in their company at that time and had to come up with a silly excuse (that’s a lie right !?haha) to not have to hang with them …’oh sorry I’ve somewhere else to be’!!
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
– I think perfect happiness for me would be able to find that right balance between work and play we all dream of finding. I work around the clock, 7 days a week and there are some days I feel like I never stop for even a gulp of air. I complain that I work too much some weeks whereas other weeks you don’t even have that time to stop and think or complain! Finding that right medium between work and play for me would be perfect happiness!
- When and where were you happiest?
– I would say the happiest I have ever been was when I was child living in Canada. I lived there for 3 and a half years and I was only 8 returning to Ireland. In the time that I lived there I experienced kindergarten, the ice, the snow, cheerleading, singing the French anthem in the mornings, touring with a top Irish Dancing School through Montreal during mad morning hours with my Mam by my side, winning nationwide dance competitions…not having a notion of life ahead of me…It was bliss. As much as I love Ireland and am happier to be here now I still will never forget those amazing years as a child growing up in such a different country to here!
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
– Not being able to get up out of bed in the mornings. To not have any motivation or desire for life…that would be the most miserable place to be in. It would be the toughest way to life not having a true passion for something in life.
- What is your greatest fear?
– Regretting something in later years that I won’t do or achieve now in life. I am always setting goals for myself and being patient knowing that it doesn’t come to you overnight. But it’s the fear of putting so much work into achieving those goals and waking up some day down the road realizing you never actually reached your goal…that is quite deep…! But it’s my ultimate fear!
- What is your greatest regret?
– I regret many things..but it’s not to dwell on those regrets is what makes you the person you are today. I regret not being consistent with a project I was once so fond of…It was being part of a jazz band that did very well at the time in Ireland back in 2012 called Rouges, but we took so much of it for granted at the time too. When it was close to ceasing I didn’t fight hard enough for it to remain existent. I can only look back now and say I did the best I could have done….You see I try not to dwell on things too much!
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
– Eh…I over analyse way too much! I like to get things done a certain way and if I didn’t complete what I needed to get done on a certain day I let it eat away at my brain that night by over analysing what I did or didn’t do. I know that I can be way too controlling at times…always needing to control the situation and that will get you nowhere. You need to let things be and trust it will eventually work out…easier said that done eh!?
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
– My boobs…I think. They’re the one thing I’m most conscious about for sure. I used to have bigger boobs but now I feel like they’ve gotten smaller as I’ve gotten older! I have a big bum and legs and hips so would like to have bigger boobs to go with all of that!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
– I would like to be that bit taller! I am 5’7” and I know that isn’t classified as small but I would love to be 5’9” or 5’10”….that would be the dream!!
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– I would like to come back as an actual SUPERWOMAN! To be able to come back and cure all illnesses, save all lives and do things I never got to do when I was alive!
- Which talent would you most like to have?
– To read other peoples minds…to have that talent to know what they are really thinking there and then of you.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
– Ignorance. Someone being rude to someone for no legit reason. Belittling others around you for no reason at all.
- What do you most value in your friends?
– Forgiveness and understanding. Knowing that they understand you through thick and thin is all that matters to me. To know they have your full support whether you bring them up or bring them down …For them to understand my mad and busy hectic lifestyle and still consider me as a close friend is all I could ever ask for!
- What are the qualities you most like in a man?
– Charisma…oozes a charm that just inspires you right there on the spot… they either have it or they don’t.
A determined man is a great quality.And of course…humour…a guy that can make you laugh is everything!!
- What are the qualities you most like in a woman?
– A woman that is complimenting of others…that really impresses me.
- Which living person do you most despise?
– If I answered that one…I would have to kill you 😉
- Which living person do you most admire?
– My Father. Hero of a man!
- Where would you most like to live?
– I would love to live in New York again. I was there on tour only 2 years ago for a period of 3 months and I just wanted to stay there all year around. It’s maybe not a place I would like settle and rare a family in but it’s definitely somewhere I want to live permanently for when I am in my late 20’s. I would base myself in North America in general for life if I could.
- What is your most treasured possession?
– I genuinely don’t have one. Anything like that for me is just materialistic…I don’t know how many bags, watches, phones, wallets I have lost over the last few years ….money …it comes and goes so there is nothing I physically have that I would classify as a treasured possession.
- Who are your favorite prose authors?
– Definitely at the minute it has to be Jonathan Freedland.
- Who are your favorite poets?
– Oscar Wilde. Especially because I once got to play the character of Salome on a nationwide tour in Ireland and the play itself is just full of magical poetic moments. She is a wild and iconic and prominent figure in his works.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
– Definitely Stefan the vampire from the Vampire Diaries….just marry me!
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- What are your favorite names?
– I love Alyssia and Elena ….think they just look and sound beautiful. So unique too.
- Who are your favorite composers / singers / music bands?
– BeyonceEtta JamesWhitney HoustonAdeleAll of the belters!!!
- Who are your favorite painters?
- What are your favorite movies?
– The next three days starring Russell Crowe.Million Dollar Baby starring Hilary Swank.I also have all the time in the world for my dance classics – Honey, Step Up, Dirty Dancing, Fame.She’s all that with Freddy Prince Junior is definitely a memory of my teenager years.
- Name your favorite colors.
– Deep deep RED!
- What are your favorite flowers?
– Deep Red Roses.
- Name your favorite food and drink.
– ChickenLemonadeFalafelChocolateWhiskey, Lime and Ginger!
- How would you like to die?
– Die happily of old age to be honest. I want to live for as long as I possibly can…!!!
- What is your motto?
– hmmmm….I am in love with many quotes and I follow a lot of different motto’s but if I was to pick one it would have to be:
‘You are confined only by the walls you build yourself…’
These were 39 Questions with Elise Brennan – actor model and dancer. Enjoyed reading? Want to be one of the models featured at the blog? Book your photo shoot from professional photographer in Dublin, Ireland right now. Just click a button to drop me a message and I will do my best to provide you outstanding result.