I believe there are two roads and an extra, whichever you take and at whatever time you start, doing what’s right will yield great results.
– Nita Roberts
– At the start of the month Nita, who is a stylist, got in touch with me…
No, not like that. Lets try again.
– Last month I was asked to make a photo shoot for a local stylist…
No, that does not work either. Damn. Okay, one more time.
– I met Nita, fashion and lifestyle Blogger and we instantly were connected and ready for the photo shoot!…
What a nightmare! Can anything be more trivial for a start of the post? All right, this time it will work. Just a bit more effort.
– This is chapter one of my series of posts, in which I will introduce my models to you. I’m so happy to introduce the beautiful Nita – a stylist…
Okay, okay! That is enough! There is no way there will be another one “I am a photographer and this is my photo shoot” post.
Not today, not at this blog.
Now, let’s rather do it my way and think a little bit. If the process of the photo shoot is not that interesting to read about, if details about photo shoot equipment do not matter to most viewers, what will be interesting? What will really matter?
Not another story about photographer himself, of course not. Not much will enjoy reading it, if it’s not about Mario Testino. What about a model herself? After all, she is the main part of the photo. And it does not matter if she is a celebrity or an aspiring model. She is still beautiful here and now. It would be nice to know her better, won’t it? Can we write about her?
Positive! There is even a way to do it interesting. But we will not manage without a little bit of help here.
Please meet Marcel Proust – a great french writer. Yes – yes, we have just been discussing photography and here the topic dramatically changes to writers, how outrageous! But wait for a moment, you will see the connection.
Marcel created a cool thing called Proust Questionnaire. According to almighty WikiPedia: “The Proust Questionnaire is a questionnaire about one’s personality. Its name and modern popularity as a form of interview is owed to the responses given by the French writer Marcel Proust.” Got the point? No, not yet?
Allrighty then, explaining further. It is Marcel Proust’s work that we are going to use today to find out who is that Nita Roberts girl. Is she just a stylist, fashionista, blogger, or is there something else hidden behind that beautiful face? What are her fears and what she loves most? To reveal all the secrets of Ms Roberts, we have asked her to answer 39 questions from the Questionnaire.
Let’s see what she is made of.
Nita was asked to answer all questions sincerely, and not to miss any of them.
- What is your current state of mind?
– Hungry for success and Determined
- What is the principal aspect of your personality?
– Mostly warm and I with a strong desire to be in the spotlight always.
- What is your favorite occupation?
– Fashion Designing.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– I am content with where I am and grateful to God but I wouldn’t yet say I have any great achievements. I’m still on my way.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
God and Fashion.
- What do you hate most of all?
– Disappointments, Seeing People suffer and Envy.
- On what occasion do you lie?
– When it’s necessary. It’s never truly necessary to lie but sometimes you just feel you have to, to avoid prolonging a situation; however lying about something very serious can end up really bad.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
– Security, steady income and peace, good job…surrounded by genuine love and care and family, Achieving your dreams, finding your way through in life, knowing and experiencing the love of God.
- When and where were you happiest?
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
– Poverty, sickness.
- What is your greatest fear?
– Failing/falling and not being able to rise again.
- What is your greatest regret?
– My only regret is not knowing the things I know now a lot sooner. I sometimes don’t believe in “destiny” or “it was meant to happen now”. I believe that there are two roads and an extra, whichever you take and at whatever time you start, doing what’s right will yield great results. I don’t want this to be misunderstood, but I was too obedient to my parents to the extent that I started to let fear engulf me thinking the world was a bit more harmful than it can be. Even if I was confident and independent, I was always scared. Obedience is good but never let it turn to fear. Today I feel and know I’m doing things I should have started a long time ago. It’s sometimes hard..
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
– Losing faith too quickly and getting upset too easily when things don’t go as planned.
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
– Once again I’m thankful because it could have been worse but I wish I had better skin.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
– My skin.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– Myself but better.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- What do you most value in your friends?
– Loyalty and honesty.
- What are the qualities you most like in a man?
– Uncontrolling, unpossessive, mature, focused, playful.
- What are the qualities you most like in a woman?
– Hardworking and ambitious.
- Which living person do you most despise?
- Which living person do you most admire?
– Bonang matheba.
- Where would you most like to live?
- What is your most treasured possession?
– My bible.
- Who are your favorite prose authors?
– No one.
- Who are your favorite poets?
– Maya Angelou.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
– James Bond.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
– I don’t know.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
– My mother and sisters
- What are your favorite names?
– Sarah, Miriam, Bella and Prince.
- Who are your favorite composers / singers / music bands?
– Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, and Beyonce, Simi (Nigerian).
- Who are your favorite painters?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Name your favorite colors.
– White, black, coral and green.
- What are your favorite flowers?
- Name your favorite food and drink.
- How would you like to die?
– Very very old, alive and in my sleep.
- What is your motto?
– Let your motivation be your current state and just keep pushing till you get to where you want to be and most of all, let God.
Enjoyed reading the questionnaire? Book your photo shoot today and become one of those beautiful models featured on the website. It is easy, just click here to drop me a line, and we will see what we can organize photo shoot in Dublin for you.